Monday, October 12, 2015

Somehow I always end up back here...

Today I haven't been feeling well, suffering from a headache but I felt a little better this afternoon and before I know it I had done three really rough sketches with my charcoal. I'm very much into painting with acrylics at the moment but charcoal was definitely where this whole art obsession started for me. I remember as a teenager picking scenes from my favourite Disney movie to sketch and recreate (the little mermaid by the way... Another obsession of mine..). I always used to feel there was magic in my pencil or charcoal that helped me draw that little bit better then what I could actually draw. 
I don't use it nearly enough these days and I worry about getting out of practice and losing what little skill it is I have here, I must remember to not neglect it just because I'm excited over acrylics. As Anna Pavlova said "God gives talent. Work transforms talent into genius" and mine needs a lot of work! Anyway here is a peek at the three sketches I did today. 

No comments: