Monday, September 14, 2015

Sometimes it's an avocado

So I had yesterday off work, I took it off to try and get some painting in and to start a new piece for my art class. It was a beautiful day so I set everything up outside expecting to be extra inspired... And nothing. I tried to paint a few different things, the shed in the backyard, the blossoms on the tree, but nothing was working. So I packed everything up and just decided I would chalk it up to an off day and leave it at that. 
A couple of hours later I still was stewing over the fact that I hadn't accomplished anything and it felt like taking the day off from work was a waste, so I decided I'd try again. This time I set myself up inside at the table and ended up being inspired by a simple avocado.
I think I learnt that for me painting outside is good but I get distracted and can't focus enough on what I'm seeing and painting. 
But here is my avocado.

No comments: